Saturday, June 27, 2015

Passing On The Mommy Knowledge

Have you ever had a baby before and there was so much you wish you would've known?

I had so many breastfeeding concerns, birthing anxiety and questions! The blessing in being a mom is learning and sharing!

I love that being a Doula gives me the opportunity to do, what I would have wanted for myself.

Have that person give me support and empower me with education. Well even in our errors we can teach the better way to do things.

A Doula is there to inform you and make sure you are supported. I remember how thankful my friend was when I gave her postpartum care and taught her how to wear her newborn correctly in a sling.

It may seem like a little thing, but it's giving them the confidence needed to parent safely and successfully. She didn't feel like giving up because I was there to show her how to do it.

Passing on that mommy knowledge is so important. It saves on stress, frustration, and low self esteem.
Did you learn something as a first time or even fifth time mom that you are thankful to have learned that made your life easier? I could name plenty of things!

As a Doula I'm sharing more and giving moms an opportunity to do it differently!! How awesome is that? My errors and lessons had a purpose. They become another mother's chance to do it better. Breastfeeding nutrition, herbal suggestions, aromatherapy solutions, information information information!!!

So if you're a mom, even if you're not a Doula. Don't be afraid to gently impart some mommy knowledge at the right time, to an expecting and new mom, you never know how beneficial it will be.

Thankful for every lesson learned in raising and breastfeeding 6 children.

Peace & Blessings
Ameeera

Doula services available 929-346-1019


No comments:

Post a Comment